The Austrian motorcycle manufacturer, KTM, revealed the 2015 model year of its SX motocross lineup (from 50cc to 450cc machine, including both two- and four-stroke variants). All SX models have been further improved for the 2015 model year with new chassis designs and numerous upgrades.
The 2015 highlight features:
– a new chromoly-steel frame that uses a machined cross tube providing a stronger, more accurate connection of the frame and the linkage
– a new linkage geometry
– the new design of linkage saves about 40 grams of weight
– new WP 4CS
– new fork lugs with a 22mm front axle and the axle offset now is 35mm
– new fork protectors with an open design
– revised monoshock setting to match the new linkage and fork
– new Dunlop GEOMAX MX52 tires developed with the Redbull KTM Supercross and Motocross team
– new aluminum o-ring
– new black anodized Excel rims with CNC machined hubs
– new tapered Renthal Fatbar 827 handlebars with Renthal bar pads
– new softer two-compound grips
The all four-stroke machines, the 2015 KTM 450 SX-F, the 2015 KTM 350 SX-F, and the 2015 KTM 250 SX-F get a new aluminum O rings on the oil pump suction screen for increased durability. The 350 SX-F and 250 SX-F models gets new clutch baskets that are lighter than on previous models. The 250 SX-F also gets a new clutch spring.
For 2015, the two-stroke 125 SX and 150 SX feature a new ignition curve. Meanwhile, the 2015 KTM 250 SX gets new clutch basket for weight saving.
The KTM SX US-spec models are equipped with WP 4CS forks that specifically designed for Motocross.
The 2015 KTM 85 SX receives new reworked high performance cylinder with flow-optimized ports and a high precision exhaust control valve, new swingarm, new chain guide and chain roller, as well as new brake hose clamps.
For 2015, the fully-fledged 65 SX now comes with new intake valves, a revised ignition curve, a new high-quality rear shock and new modified frame. Like 65 SX model, the 50 SX is equipped with new intake valves.
The 2015 KTM 85 SX, 65 SX, 50 SX and 50 SX Mini get new graphic design and new Maxxis tires which offer excellent grip on any terrain.