Kawasaki has unveiled the larger-displacement version of its Ninja 250. Called the Kawasaki Ninja 300, the new bike is powered by an all-new fuel-injected 296cc four-valve twin-cylinder engine with the new digital fuel injection (DFI) system, providing 39 hp.
The new engine is linked to six-speed transmission with thicker gears for the added torque, and also gets the new F.C.C clutch with Assist and Slipper functions. Other upgrades include new intake ports, new 23.6mm intake valves, a new cam chain that offers reduced friction, a revised 10.6:1 compression ratio and new lighter pistons that feature a hard anodized coating. Moreover, the Kawasaki Ninja 300 also has a new easy-to-access cartridge-type spin-on oil filter for easy maintenance.
The 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 features more aggressive bodywork, 150 percent more rigid diamond-style steel tube frame compared to the one found in last year’s model, a 37mm telescopic front fork up front, new 17-inch 10-spoke wheel design (140/70 tire out back, 110/70 tire up front) wraped in new IRC RX-01R tires.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Specs:
– Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
– Displacement: 296cc
– Bore x stroke: 62.0 x 49.0mm
– Compression ratio: 10.6:1
– Cooling: Liquid
– Fuel injection: DFI with dual 32mm throttle bodies
– Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
– Transmission: Six-speed
– Final drive: Chain
– Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
– Wheelbase: 55.3 in.
– Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 3.7 in.
– Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
– Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.2 in.
– Front tire: 110/70-17
– Rear tire: 140/70-17
– Front brake: Single 290mm petal-type disc with two-piston hydraulic caliper and ABS
– Rear brake: Single 220mm petal-type disc with two-piston hydraulic caliper and ABS
– Overall length: 79.3 in.
– Overall width: 28.1 in.
– Overall height: 43.7 in.
– Seat height: 30.9 in.
– Curb weight: 383.7 lbs.
– Fuel capacity: 4.5 gal.
The 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 can be had with ABS and in Canada it will be available in four color options. The 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS will be available in Ebony and a special edition Ebony with Metallic Moondust Gray color schemes, while the non-ABS version will be offered in Ebony, Passion Red, the special edition Lime Green and Ebony combination. It is expected will be priced starting at $4,799-$5,499.