Ducati has revealed the technical specs of its new MotoGP bike, the Ducati Desmosedici GP13. The 2013 Ducati Desmosedici GP13 boasts a 1000cc liquid-cooled 90-degree V4 four-stroke, desmodromic DOHC engine that comes with four valves per cylinder. Ducati claims the new bike has at least 235hp – an additional 5hp over the previous GP12 – and a top speed of 205 mph.
The Desmosedici GP13’s dry weight is 353 lbs, this number is heavier than the GP12 with 346 pounds.
All four bikes that will be ridden by Ducati factory riders Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso, and Ducati Pramac Racing Team counterparts Andrea Iannone and Ben Spies will sport the same technical specs. The subtle difference between Dovizioso’s GP13 and Hayden’s is the gear shifter, and the foot control mounting since Dovizioso is about three inches shorter than Hayden. Dovizioso’s bike also features a larger pad on the tail behind the seat compared to Hayden’s GP13 bike.
Here’re the sort of the Ducati Desmosedici GP13 Technical Specs:
– Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90 degree V4 four-stroke, desmodromic DOHC, four valves per cylinder
– Capacity: 1,000cc
– Maximum power: More than 235hp
– Maximum speed: In excess of 330 km/h (205 mph)
– Transmission: Ducati Seamless Transmission (DST). Chain final drive
– Carburation: Indirect Magneti Marelli electronic injection, four throttle bodies with injectors above butterfly valves. Throttles operated by the new EVO 2 TCF (Throttle Control & Feedback) system
– Fuel: Shell Racing V-Power
– Lubricant: Shell Advance Ultra 4
– Ignition: Magneti Marelli
– Exhaust: Termignoni
– Final Drive: D.I.D Chain
– Frame: Aluminium
– Suspension: Öhlins inverted 48mm fork and Öhlins shock absorber, adjustable for preload, new factory evolution damping system
– Tyres: Bridgestone 16.5” front and rear
– Brakes: Brembo, two 320mm carbon front discs with four-piston callipers.
– Single stainless steel rear disc with two-piston calliper
– Dry weight: 160 kg (353 lbs.)